Music videos can have similar concepts or can be inspired by older ones. Sometimes however, they are way too similar, which possibly is stealing/plagiarism. It appears the music video for “Sanningen” was copied by Italian singer Emma for her single “Amami”. Start watching at 2:30 in Emma’s video.
Emma’s video was released in March 2013, about two months after “Sanningen”. The comparison was made by September fans some time ago, and an Italian video about it was also uploaded recently.
The lines below are just some notable similarities.
– Filmed in black and white
– Filmed underwater with light coming down from the surface
– Petra and Emma both swim and take similar poses
– Petra and Emma both wear a white mantle
– Petra and Emma both breathe showy to create bubbles
– Close-up shots of face
– The make-up around the eyes is the same
– Petra and Emma both wear a ring
– Slow fading to black at the end
– The single cover shows a close-up of Petra’s eye, and the thumbnail of Emma’s video does the same with Emma’s eye
The videos are almost identical! Emma’s video seems to finish with a shameless rip-off of “Sanningen”.
What do you think? Share your thoughts, and share!
As a final note: It may be possible Emma has permission to do exactly what Petra does in her video. I will update this post immediately if she has, but I couldn’t find anything about it. Also, Petra isn’t mentioned anywhere.
EDIT: Comparison video re-embedded as it was re-uploaded.